Through our network of members and community partners, we present a powerful voice for our historic downtown Sedro-Woolley. While maintaining a comprehensive downtown revitalization strategy following the Main Street Four-Point Approach structure—which includes implementing a balance of activities in the areas of organization, promotion, design and economic restructuring—we work to maintain and develop a positive, coordinated image of downtown. We work on promoting, defending and preserving our downtown: its culture, history, people, and local businesses.
Main Street Four-Point Committees
Organization Works with business and property owners, bankers, citizens, historic preservationists, entrepreneurs, public officials, chambers of commerce, and other local economic development organizations to build partnerships and overcome challenges to Revitalization.
Promotion This committee creates excitement and vibrancy downtown. Street festivals, parades, retail events, and image development campaigns. Promotion involves marketing an enticing image to shoppers, investors, and visitors.
Design This committee enhances the look and feel of the commercial district. Historic building rehabilitation, street and alley clean-up, landscaping, street furniture, signage, visual merchandising and lighting all improve the physical image of the downtown as a quality place to shop, work, walk, invest in, and live.
Economic Vitality This committee is responsible for recruiting new businesses, creatively converting unused space for new uses, and sharpening the competitiveness of Downtown Sedro-Woolley’s merchants.
Current Volunteer Opportunities
- Little League State Championships July 21st-29th. Parking, Cleanup, Working with the Teams and Players, we are looking for about 30-40 volunteers!
- Sedro-Woolley Brewfest September 22nd. Ticketing, Setup/Cleanup, Security, VIP and other positions.
- Project Volunteers - We need people to help with specific projects, please let us know if any of these interest you.
- Downtown Business Owner Survey
- Document and Cataloging all of the Wood Carvings
- Documenting Murals
- Volunteer Coordinator
- Historic District Designation
- Commercial Real Estate for Lease or Sale Catalog
- Eco-Tourism Campaign - Help us build a THE resource for ecotourism in Skagit County.